Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Thanksgiving Table




I love to mix it up when it comes to setting my holiday table. by doing this i think it gives a special touch. This year i am using new and old together. The plates i chose for the formal dinning room are by Johnson Bros. Est. England 1883. The name of the pattern is "His Majesty" taken from an original hand engraving. I have had this set in my collection for many years and it is one of my favorites. The white pumpkin tureens are from williams sonoma. i love how each one is alittle different. The place settings for the breakfast room are new this year from pottery barn. i just love the colors and each plate has a different beautiful bird.i thought these would also go well with the white pumpkin tureens.I was reading on another blog earlier today how they feel that Thanksgiving is becoming a lost holiday of sorts. i am in agreement with that. it seems we dive right into christmas and forget all about this special day. So, i guess i am trying to do my part to keep Thanksgiving special.

1 comment :

Jacqueline said...

I love the turkey plates in a big size. They only had the small size when I saw them! Your table is so pretty. Love the sentiment too. I won't be eating Thanksgiving at home but I just had to get some dishes for it!