Wednesday, October 16, 2013

A Holiday Banner

I love making holiday banners, so I thought I would share how I make them..Supplies..Ruler, scissors, grommet kit,card stock,pencil,craft fuse iron on backing,fabric( for this project I use a drop cloth as my fabric). iron, hot glue gun, glue sticks, liquid stitch,glitter glue,glitter,ribbon

I make a pattern from a piece of 8.5 x 11 card stock. the middle of the card stock is 4.25..make a little mark

 from that mark use the ruler to draw a line to the bottom corner,

do the same for the other side. then follow the line and make your cut.

take a piece of fabric(a little larger than 8.5 x 11) and  iron on a piece of craft fuse.( follow directions on the back of the package).after  you have applied the craft fuse place your pattern on the fabric and trace your pattern.

 cut out the fabric..

I am making several different banners for several holidays.. but for the Halloween banner I need 3 pieces to spell out the word Boo..I decide what I want on the banner and start drawing ..you can use stencils if you do not want to try it free hand..

after I have my design  completed, I add my grommets..

for this banner I am going to use glitter for the letters.. so I apply glitter glue to my design and sprinkle on the glitter..

not bad..this will need to dry for a few hours..

after the glitter has dried it's time to decorate the banner..i love using scrap pieces of ribbon and trims..( I save everything, no matter how small)

and here is my finished piece..i love it..

No comments :