Tuesday, October 8, 2013

DIY White Pumpkins

It's getting harder and harder to find real white pumpkins..and when you do find them the price is outrageous..The fake white pumpkins can be just as expensive..So whats a girl to do?? I have a bin full of old pumpkins..orange..green..you name it...so why not upstyle and recycle...

supply list..fake pumpkins(any color)  craft paint or chalk paint, paint brush,220 grit sandpaper..clear wax. I put at least 2 coats of paint on the pumpkin.the great thing about chalk paint is that it dries quickly..

Let the pumpkins dry between coats

after the pumpkins are dry.. lightly sand with 220 grit sandpaper

I am using ASCP so I am adding a thin coat of clear wax with a paper towel...you can also add a thin layer of dark wax for additional depth...

I use my DIY pumpkins throughout my house..i love mixing them with real,and velvet pumpkins..i think it adds depth to the vignette..These pumpkins are cost effective. you will have them for many years .Happy Painting...

No comments :