Monday, October 14, 2013

making a 6 inch medallion

Supplies-cardstock,scissors,hot glue gun,glue sticks,ruler,pencil, something to trace for small circle..i find K-cups work great for a 6 inch medallion..I start with an 8.5 x 11 piece of cardstock

with the cardstock face down and using the 11 inch width,i use my ruler to mark 3 3inch strips..

I use my cricut cutter to make the cuts

I now have 3 strips of cardstock at 3x 8.5

at the 3 inch end of the strips I mark each about a 1/2 up from the bottom.. this mark is your guide for your pleat..

using your 1/2 inch mark start folding the strips accordion style

you should now have 3 accordians

start gluing the ends together

you should end up with a circle


gather the circle together til you get a cone shape and lightly press down.

you now have a paper medallion

I use a k cup to trace 2 circles on the scrap paper

I glue a circle on the top and bottom on the medallion

and this is the end result...Happy Crafting...

No comments :