Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Craft Quickie....

As an artist I have tons of paint brushes, paint pens, rulers, etc... so I am always in need of containers to hold everything..i love to repurpose items and have found( for several reasons) that tin cans  are the perfect solution..1. it is a way to recycle..2. i'm using supplies that I have on hand...3. they are custom... They are cute and rather inexpensive...
I start with a clean can..

 The Graphics Fairy is a great place to find labels of all kinds..just download and print..
you will need craft paint,mod podge, paint brush,sponge brush..if you use ASCP(which is what I use ) you will also need wax..

paint the can, and let dry

take your design and spread mod podge on the back with your sponge brush then place it on the can.. when you have it where you want it, take  your sponge brush and place a thin layer over the top to seal it.. let it dry(about an hour)

After it has dried, add a very thin layer of clear wax..(I use ASCP clear and dark wax)

And this is what you have..custom containers..which can be used in so many ways...

No comments :